Saturday, February 12, 2011

NYR 2-10-11

I needed to go to the mall movie theater to buy tickets for an adult dinner and movie night with friends. You have to buy tickets early here because they always seem to sell out (unless you're seeing something that's been in the theaters here for ages).

And for the record, we're going to see The Fighter, which just opened here. You may remember this is the movie I practically produced in August 2009 in Boston!

Anyway, I was busy during the day and couldn't get over there before Mac got home. So I had to enlist him to go with me and I knew this would be an ordeal after a long day at school. We'd have to walk all these blocks, wait in the line, walk all the way back, etc. I could hear the complaints in my head long before he got home.

I told him he had no choice, and after the requisite whining, we set out. We stopped at the grocery store next door for a short can of Pringle's for the walk. Those lasted through the first mall (you have to cut through 2 malls to get to the one that was showing The Fighter). He wanted a drink in the second mall but I convinced him to wait until the third mall.

We got the tickets without problem and then we had a little midafternoon snack in the newly opened Taco Bell, which was so yummy even if it was bad for us.

Then we headed back home by way of Zara which is having an enormous sale which I just could not pass by. More whining until I got Mac to pick out what he thought I should wear. Two shirts later and we really did head home, just minutes before the heavens opened up and the rains poured down.

It ended up being a really great little outing. We talked about a lot of things and caught up on his day at school.

For time with my boy without the distractions of tv or Wii or homework, I am truly thankful.

No comments: