Friday, February 4, 2011

camp part 3

pre-camp Mac!
My sweet boy is home and bathed. I think he had a really great time despite the following:

1. He threw up this morning. His teacher told me he thought it was from eating too many sweets. (My email buddy from the camp company also came over when I met the bus to make sure I knew.) The reason he looked sad in the breakfast photo I posted earlier is because everybody else got hot chocolate but he had to drink a tea to settle his stomach. The vomiting was a one-off experience, he did it in the bathroom with a counselor with him, and it didn't seem to slow him down after that.

2. I am a bad mother because I didn't send sweets and "everybody else" brought candy with them. A) I followed instructions and did not send candy, and B) you threw up from eating too many contraband sweets. DUH.

3. One of my favorite girls in Mac's class broke her arm last night. She tripped as they walked into the clubhouse and had a nasty break which apparently required surgery to repair. Poor girl.

4. Mac didn't shower or change his clothes, and he informed me that he brushed his teeth with finger. That makes me want to vomit.

5. He didn't complain too much about the food and he only ate a few peanut butter crackers when he got home. It was not the reaction I expected, although he listed all the things that he did not eat that were served to him.

6. Mac said that it was absolutely freezing last night. His sleeping bag and sleeping pad are so dirty that I'm wondering if he didn't realize you're supposed to sleep inside the tent?

post-camp Mac!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Susan, having spent a full summer as a camp counselor with you I find this hilarious! I am comforted to know I was not the only person with scars from our experience. You ( and I ) are not neurotic, we are just happen to know inside info that most moms wouldn't imagine! it still baffles me think of how many little lives we were in charge of at given moment. Reading this brought back some fond memories! Now, if either of our children EVER want to be camp counselors...YIKES!