Wednesday, August 18, 2010

where is the laundry basket?

The movers have come and gone and we're missing a box. It's a clothes basket according to the inventory. This doesn't seem like a huge deal but when you're lugging three people's dirty clothes downstairs to the laundry room and dropping socks and underwear along the way, it gets to be a big deal.

The big tri-wall shipping boxes were sealed upon entry to the apartment so I know the clothes basket wasn't stolen by some rogue Colombian mover. So I called the moving company to ask if they knew where the basket was. (My fear is that stuff was packed inside the laundry basket, but who knows now??)

They checked around the warehouse and didn't see any spare laundry baskets sitting around, so I've been told to go buy a laundry basket and they'll send me a check for it. Do you suppose they sell laundry baskets at the Louis Vuitton down the street?

P.S. That's a joke.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh I hate that! It's always one lone box. When we moved from off-base housing to on-base housing while we were stationed in England, we were required to have movers pack, transport, and unpack our house (for a 20 minute drive...insert eye roll here...). WELL, I distinctly remember where my stash of Christmas cd's was placed in that small house (I can still picture the cases sitting in the cd holder on the tv!) and when we went to haul out the Christmas tunes that year we could not find a single, solitary cd.

Apparently the big, tough, could've-been-rugby-players British moving men wanted to enhance their Christmas music collections with the likes of Boyz II Men and Brooks & Dunn.

6 years and 2 moves later we never have located those blasted cd's...