Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday afternoon

This afternoon Mac and I went to the school uniform store where we bought 4 days' worth of clothes for about $250. Remind me why I love uniforms so much?

On our walk home, we passed the little grocery store near our apartment. As usual, there were a couple beggar women with their children out front. As callous as it sounds, normally I don't even look in their direction. Well today out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman seated on the ground, holding a baby in her arms, with her preschool-aged daughter bouncing around both of them.

Then I saw the preschooler pick up a large rock and start hitting the baby's head.

The mother looked totally unengaged and not at all alarmed.

Upon closer investigation, I appreciated her nonchalance.

The "baby" was nothing but a blanket wrapped up, complete with an opening for where the baby's face would poke out if there were a baby.

Talk about your marketing strategies...

No comments: