Saturday, August 21, 2010

weight loss program in Bogota

Yesterday we rode in an embassy van with two other families to the school orientation. The other two mothers commented on how they'd lost weight in the couple weeks they'd been here - like noticeable weight because they can't keep their pants up. They asked if I'd lost weight.

I thought about it.

And decided that maybe I had, in fact, lost a little bit because I wore my skinny jeans the day before and they hadn't felt tight like they used to.

Hmmmm...

Then I remembered that Jimmy said he'd weighed himself on the scale at the embassy gym and he'd lost weight too.

Hmmmm...

I know I'm walking more than I've ever walked before in my life, but supposedly you burn more energy/calories just to keep your body going at 8600 feet. I'm not a doctor or physiology expert, but this is what the mothers told me.

Isn't that a marvel of nature?

Surely this will level off at some point (although I only see skinny Bogotanos). I wonder, though, if when we travel and return back to 8600 feet, do we reinstall that weight loss program in our bodies? I could go to the beach once a month and return and by the end of two years, you won't even recognize me!

No comments: