Friday, January 23, 2009

South Beach Diet, Day 4 (or really T-1 since I'm a cheater)

This will likely be my last South Beach Diet update as the game really seems to be over for me. Today I had Starbucks, part of the blueberry muffin Mac ordered but didn't eat (I'm not going to waste a blueberry muffin at those prices!), popcorn (but airpopped and no butter or salt, so practically a health food since popcorn is from corn, a vegetable, after all), and M&Ms. And tonight we're going to a barbecue where if I stick to the diet, all I can eat is salad (that'll have to be undressed) and meat because a Brazilian barbecue is going to have nothing else on the South Beach Diet.

Yesterday we had lunch at Outback where I ate a steak (meat is allowed), steamed vegetables (BO-ring) and a salad with Italian vinaigrette. I stole a couple fries off of Mac's plate, and I did eat the croutons on the salad, which Jimmy did not. He's so good at this. Neither of us touched that yummy warm bread they bring which is a good thing since Mac ate nearly the whole loaf.

And last night for supper, we followed the book to the T, even down to the "surprise" mashed potatoes. There was no surprise when you looked at the recipe: it was steamed and pureed cauliflower. We had to cheat a little because they don't sell fat-free half-and-half here, so we used real cream, but just a teeny little bit and no butter or margarine. And I will be the first to admit that it wasn't half-bad although it does sound disgusting.

Net Weight Loss: .8 pounds but there will probably be a weight gain tomorrow after the splurges today.

No comments: