Thursday, January 29, 2009

Decadence on a Thursday morning...

This morning I was frantically working on the corn maze financial books (because I have put off doing this for months) and I made a lot of good progress... to the point where I can almost file the tax returns, so I'm talking GOOD progress. I was feeling so good about myself that I decided to check the movie listings to see if anything was playing that I could watch and get back from before Mac's bus came from school.

So I trotted myself right off to an 11:20am (did you know they show movies at 11:20AM?) showing of Australia. I really wanted to see this because I love anything Australia-related after my exchange student year there a long time ago. And I didn't think Jimmy would be interested because a) there are people riding horses in it; b) it's been called an "epic love story" and he doesn't do "epic love stories" (think Titanic - not his favorite); and c) it involves a lot of drama of lost love and death and orphaned children.

Of course I was running late because I couldn't figure out how to get on the Marginal going the other direction (I now know), but it was great because nobody is in the ticket line or the popcorn (aka lunch) line for an 11:20am movie. So I settled into my seat just as the first words introducing the film came across and didn't move for approximately the next 160 minutes, which is unthinkable and decadent and wonderful. I could laugh and cry and nobody within a 10-seat radius was bothered, namely because there was nobody within a 10-seat radius. And best of all - I was so thoroughly captivated that my mind didn't wander for even a second to income tax filings.

Now let me see what's playing tomorrow...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good for you! I love the new blog!