Wednesday, January 21, 2009

South Beach Diet, Day 2

I know I'm prone to exaggeration, but I am not kidding when I tell you that I nearly fainted this morning when I got out of the bed and staggered to the scale to check my weight loss after one day. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration, but I was so weak from hunger that I did get a little woozy. So I ate 2 hardboiled eggs this morning instead of just the one I had yesterday, and I managed to drink down my 6 oz of tomato juice. Jimmy loved the juice, but I could hardly stomach it. I was drinking it out of this plastic cup with little bubbles around it and I had to keep telling myself "just one more row of bubbles" until I was done.

By 10am, I called Jimmy and told him I didn't think I was going to be able to make it on this diet. He suggested that we just eat the dinners together and he'd stick to it on his own during the day. But I'm not a quitter, right? It's only been 1.5 days, for Pete's sake. But I'm thinking with just a few carbs during the day, I'd be in a much better frame of mind. Okay, I know I'm justifying but this is really, really hard. My friend who does Weight Watchers said that popcorn hardly counts on WW, so maybe I could just have a little in the afternoon and I'll even airpop it.

Alright, I'll try to get through the rest of the day without cheating.

Weight Loss: 1 pound

No comments: