Thursday, January 22, 2009

South Beach Diet, Day 3 (or what feels like Day 333)

I cheated yesterday. I should have left the house because I was tempted by everything I saw. I kept opening the snack cabinet and wanted to eat everything in it. Jimmy was at work, Mac was at a playdate, so there was no adult supervision. I resisted. I looked at the back of the Lifesaver package to check on carb count. Four Lifesavers is 11 carbs and I decided it wasn't worth it.

I should have eaten the 4 Lifesavers because I worked myself into such a feeding frenzy that I attacked a can of chocolate-covered peanuts like a maniac. They have been in this apartment since my mom arrived on December 19 and nobody's touched them because they were all melted together. Well yesterday I took a dinner knife and stabbed them until they came apart so I could eat half a can in one sitting.

And then because Jimmy would soon be home and would smell the chocolate on my breath when he kissed me hello, I brushed my teeth twice to cover up. How sad is that?

But I did confess and ate the required dinner last night with Jimmy (sans the ricotta creme "dessert").

So my weight GAIN since yesterday is .8 pounds, which is still a .2 pound net loss.

Jimmy, however, is melting pounds away because he's actually sticking to the diet. He's lost 8 pounds in 2 days! That seems unnaturally high and unhealthy to me, but he's on a roll.

So I'm going to stick to the diet in his presence in my continued show of solidarity but everything is fair game in his absence.

No comments: