Wednesday, September 9, 2015

More on the Sofitel

Jimmy and I never made it out of the wine and cheese party last night because it turns out they serve more than cheese!  Our new BFF Romulo, one of the club lounge waiters, kept bringing out things for us to eat - in addition to the wonderful cheeses, salamis and prosciutto we'd already helped ourselves to on the buffet, he brought out a little tray of pretty hors d'oeuvres, a bowl of delicious homemade potato chips (twice) and about $40 worth of warm cashew nuts. Then we got a tray of decadent desserts. It was like a cocktail party without the cocktails AND we got to sit the whole time. 

We all slept well and got up early today so Mac could catch his temporary school bus which comes 20 minutes earlier than his bus at the apartment. 

After he got on the bus, I went to breakfast on the club level. 

(The flowers in the lobby, which I would like in my house, please)

There is just about no meal I love better than a good hotel breakfast. I'm not a huge fan of Braziliian breakfasts generally. But I knew an international hotel would offer more than stale white bread and wet, white cheese. 

And boy, was I right. 

All these breads and baguettes and croissants and little sweet rolls and pain au chocolat. Four different kinds of yogurts. Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, mango, grapefruit, passionfruit, and papaya. Eggs cooked to order. About 10 different kinds of cheeses. Four types of fresh juices. A hot rice dish and a soup.  Little pots of jams and three different types of honey. French press coffee. Oh and did I mention the pain au chocolat?

I was pretty sure I'd died and gone to heaven. 

Now that I'm fortified, I'm heading back to the apartment to finish up this move. More later on the plight of the furniture hoisting. 

No comments: