Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Living the high life in the Sofitel

The movers came today and almost got the apartment completely packed up before they ran out of packing materials. They'll come back in the morning to finish, take everything out ***, drive it to the residence, and unload and unpack it. 

*** I am foreseeing great issues with this part of the day. Why?  Well, because of that blasted construction. To get the sofas and the dining room table into the apartment, they had to hoist them up and over the balcony because they wouldn't fit in the elevator or the stairwell.  The elevator hasn't gotten any larger, so naturally, they intended to remove the sofas and table by hoisting them over the  balcony and lowering them down. They cleared this with the building administration who said no problem, despite the construction netting and scaffolding. The moving company anticipates a problem tomorrow and after viewing the situation from the outside awhile ago, I anticipate a problem as well. I hope I'll be proven wrong.  Stay tuned. 

So the moving company left and I hung out until Mac got home. Then we headed over to the Sofitel where Jimmy had already checked us in. 

And guess what?

We got upgraded to the club level, where I have never been before. And now that I've been here, I'm not sure I can ever go back to the regular level with the normal people. 

We went to the special check-in place and got the special check-in treatment. 

Then this man materialized and took us to our special room. 

I quickly read the hotel book and realized that there were only 10 minutes left on the afternoon tea service (at which they were advertised to serve macarons). I sent Mac quickly to get me some macarons. He returned with none, but instead brought a plateful of yummy, fattening goodness, of which I ate almost everything. 

I then decided to take a quick shower and use all the yummy L'Occitane products under the rain shower head.  Nice. 

While I was in the shower, Mac went to the desk to ask about borrowing a DVD. They provided him a book of options, he chose "Batman", and they said they'd deliver the movie after they popped his popcorn. 

Are you kidding me?

I want to live in this hotel. 

Forever. 

Mac is now enjoying his movie and freshly popped corn (it was still warm when they delivered it.). 


Mac has decided to order room service tonight, and Jimmy and I are going to enjoy the wine and cheese service for a minute before eating at one of the restaurants in the hotel. 

If I don't report back anytime soon, come find me at the Sofitel. I'll be the one squatting on the club level because it was too nice to leave. Possession is, after all, nine-tenths of the law. 


No comments: