Friday, September 18, 2015

Mac

On Monday night, we hosted our first official reception at the residence. More details to come on that in another post. What I wanted to share with you in this post is what a superstar my boy was at the reception. 

Mac has basketball on Monday afternoons after school. At our temporary apartment, he didn't get home on the late bus until 7:30. So I was very surprised (and so thankful) that he's one of the first kids off the late bus at our new house. While I was getting ready for the party at 6:00, I heard the dribbling of a basketball on the sidewalk and knew he was home. 

I came downstairs about 6:20 and found lots of activity with the caterer working and consulate employees and officers arriving early to work the party. But there was no sign of Mac. 

He materialized a short time later- freshly showered, hair fixed and wearing his khakis, dress shirt, blue blazer and church shoes. He'd dressed up for the party because the Ambassador was coming and he wanted to make a good impression.  Be still, my beating heart. 

He circulated among the consulate people who were already there, introducing himself and shaking hands, before disappearing for awhile with Leo downstairs, and he met the Ambassador when she arrived. He came back upstairs for a bit during the party to check things out, but I don't think it was his cup of tea. (Really I think he was checking out the food situation and lost interest in the party when he didn't see any food he recognized on the caterer's trays.)

I wish I'd taken a photo of him. He was so handsome and so "adult" (but I need to buy him dress clothes in a larger size pronto because he looked a bit stuffed in them). 

This boy is definitely a keeper. 

No comments: