Sunday, December 28, 2014

12-28-14

Today's agenda:

I woke up super-early and took down the Christmas tree so I don't have to face that when I come back from SC. 

Then I went to Arlington National Cemetery as soon as it opened at 8am. There were only a handful of other people there and since they were tourists, they headed straight to the popular touristy sights there. I ventured off to parts unknown and wandered around the streets that pass through the back part of the cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful, hushed and reverent. 





Later on, I headed to the mall to get my Christmas present watch sized and to shop for "foundation garments".  I read that every woman should go to a bra shop that actually sizes you properly because it's apparently life-changing to wear the right-sized bra. Or so Oprah says. 

My life has not been changed because I was wearing the right-sized bra already. That's what I get for being a Type A perfectionist. But I will be wearing new foundation garments that didn't come from Target. That feels very adult. 

Next up?  I channeled my dad and Sunday-afternoon dozed on the couch through the Browns-Ravens football game. 

Now I'm watching my favorite movie of all time, Legends of the Fall. The heartbreak, the love lost and gained, the family emotion and betrayal and reconciliation, the music, the poetry of the narration, the horses, the costumes, Montana, Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins, Julia Ormond. Sigh and swoon. I could watch it over and over and over again.  Please tell me you love it as much as I do and we can be best friends forever over our shared good taste. 

And soon I will make one of my favorite pastas of all time, cacio e pepe, for dinner. 

Back to work tomorrow...




No comments: