Saturday, December 27, 2014

12-27-14

The boys - all three of them - took off this morning for SC. I dropped them at the airport at 6:30 and away they flew. By all accounts, Leo was a champion flyer on his inaugural flight. 

I will fly out on Tuesday night to join them for the rest of the week. 

This means I have 3 nights and 4 days all by myself. Two of the days really don't count because I have to go to work, but we'll still call it 4 days. 

No dog to walk or treats to prepare. 

No picking up after anybody but myself. 

No healthy meals to plan and cook (because 4 days of cereal will not kill me.)

What to do, what to do, what to do. 

Today's agenda?  A Costco run as soon as it opened at 10 (and it was blissfully empty), a leisurely lunch date with a friend at a nearby Mexican restaurant, some online clothes shopping while watching the Gamecocks win their bowl game, and catching a wonderful performance of Pippin at the National Theater with the Maynard ladies. 

I can't believe the first day is already over. That flew by...

1 comment:

The Stone Rabbit said...

Sounds lovely and well deserved!!!