Thursday, December 11, 2014

12-11-14

On the train home today, I overhead a conversation between two millennials. They obviously work together and from my talented eavesdropping, I gathered that she didn't get a position in the office that they both felt she should've gotten. He asked if she'd expressed her displeasure to the higher-ups.  

She said, "No, I didn't say anything. I know more jobs are going to open up, and I didn't want to rustle feathers." 

Me:  (silently) ""Rustle" feathers?  Rustle?  That is not how the expression goes. You ruffle feathers, not rustle them."

I'm going to assume she knows the correct expression but her brain was frozen because it was 40 degrees and she was wearing nothing on her legs. 

I really need to start The Wear Tights campaign soon before these children's brains become frozen . 


No comments: