Monday, June 9, 2014

6-5-14

There are two types of people in the world.  Well, at least in the United States.  (1)  Costco shoppers and (2) everybody else.  If you're not in group one, you want to be.  I used to fall into the second group because there's only ever been other other-than-Costco warehouse stores where we've lived.

Until now.

I became a card-carrying member of Costco nearly as soon as we got to Arlington and I have taken full advantage of that $50 membership.  I don't buy the big things of 9000 toilet paper rolls because there is no space in this apartment for that nonsense.  But there are other, great deals to be had.

My regular purchases always include laundry pods, blocks of Manchego cheese and Parmesan cheese and a big tub of pimento cheese from our favorite pimento cheese purveyor in South Carolina.  If I buy this pimento cheese in a small container in the grocery store, it costs $5, but I can buy a huge tub of it at Costco for $6.50.  They're practically giving it away.

Recent summer purchases have a been a boogie board for Mac, exercise tanks for me ($9 a piece.  I robbed them!), a pair of pajamas that feel like silk and a nightshirt.

I never understood when my mother-in-law talked of her frequent trips to Costco - why did she need to go there so often - but now I totally get it.  I am so happy to be a Costco shopper now!

No comments: