Monday, June 16, 2014

6-16-14

If you're a regular reader, you may remember that during the early winter snowstorms, Mac was wearing his hiking boots outside to play. Then I realized they had a hole in them. I quickly learned that wrapping his foot in Saran Wrap before sliding it in the boot was not really sufficient protection against the elements and so he got an expensive pair of Bogs boots. I bought them big - men's size 9-  with the intention that he'd wear them again next winter. 

Now as we prepare to go on our summer vacation, I realized Mac needed new hiking shoes to replace the pair with holes. We headed off to REI, where he was measured by the sales guy at a 9.5.
(Packing the suitcase - Mac's hiking shoes are on the bottom of mine)

I then realized that we should check the status of his Keen shoes that he wears for hiking and water activities. Well, they're a size 6. Had he been familiar with Cinderella, I would've asked him to try, like the stepsisters, to squeeze, squish, curl his feet into the glass slipper. But alas, there was no room in the inn. So now we've purchased a pair of enormous Keens.  And another pair of church shoes. Tennis shoes will wait until after summer vacation, unless his toes burst through before. And of course, we'll need new snow boots in the winter. 
(My feet vs. Mac's feet)

I know we will get to a stage when Mac eats us out of house and home. I hope that stage happens at a different time than the next foot growth spurt as I'm not sure we can afford extra food and new shoes all at the same time!
 

No comments: