Friday, June 13, 2014

6-13-14

Today was my last elementary school field day ever.  Sigh...

I started out helping another mom at the popcorn machine, making and bagging popcorn for what seemed like 6000 people.  I have newfound respect and appreciation for the popcorn makers at the movie theater.  

After about an hour and a half, one of the main volunteer parents came over to ask if one of us would work at the parachute station.  The other lady was pretty vocal about not doing it, so I went over. Holy smokes, it was a lot of work.  Thankfully I only had 3 more groups - all second graders - to wrangle and control for 10 minutes apiece before field day was over. The field was muddy, the parachute was muddy (and therefore heavier than normal), and it felt like it was about 100 degrees with 90% humidity. I'm pretty sure I sweated out at least 4 pounds and toned my arms at the same time. 

I'm thankful to be home now in the AC, showered and wearing clean clothes!

Mac's group is in the parking lot, in the yellow shirts.  Instead of throwing water balloons at field day like they did a long time ago, now they throw those pool balls that absorb water.  The children were drenched but they had such a great time.

No comments: