Tuesday, June 17, 2014

6-17-14

Today I would like to discuss with you the beauty that is the shipping department of Zappo's.  If you're not familiar with Zappo's but you're comfortable ordering shoes (and other stuff) online, you should stop, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.  You should simply order from them.

Shipping to you and back to them if the shoes don't work out is FREE.

$0.

ZILCH.

NADA.

How can you go wrong with that?

And if you have a child who hates, detests, despises, loathes shoe shopping, this is the only way to go.

I ordered a size 10 Keen's for Mac.  I know, I know.  That was too big.  But with the way his feet are growing and the cost of these adult shoes, I thought we could stuff socks in the toes.  But it was not to be.

I ordered those shoes on Sunday (a weekend day when nothing much usually happens in warehouses).  It's like Zappo's said, "we want that boy to get those shoes so fast, we're going to hire a plane just to drop them off in Arlington" because the shoes were here yesterday.  A day later, people.

But they were too big, so yesterday at 4:29pm, I ordered a smaller size of the same shoes.  The confirmation said they'd be delivered by tomorrow (Wednesday).  I just got an email from the building a few minutes ago and went down and picked up the new shoes.

HOW DO THEY DO THAT??????

A mere 18 hours after ordering, the shoes have been picked out of the warehouse, driven or flown across states, sorted by the nice UPS people, and delivered to my front door.  It's like having a personal shopper.

The other shoes are already being sent back to wherever they go (maybe Kentucky?) and I never had to leave home.

It's a good thing I'm not a shoe person.  The nearly instant gratification could be very dangerous.

No comments: