Friday, May 16, 2014

NYR 5-5-14 to 5-11-14


5-5-14 - love my Bible study friends.  They range in age from about 40 up to 102 (no exaggeration). There's such a wealth of life experiences and I love spending Monday mornings with them.

5-6-14 - I have advanced to Adult 2 in ice skating and it's really, really hard.  So much harder than Adult 1.  Seriously.  If my goal was to try things out of my comfort zone, I'm really doing it now and I guess that makes me thankful.  In a weird kind of jump-off-a-ledge sort of way.

5-7-14  to 5-10-14 - We had very good friends in Bogota who worked for the British Embassy.  They left a year before us so we've not seen them in almost 2 years.  Gordon has taken a new job that brought him to Washington, DC, and Lisa came with him.  She and I got to catch up over lunches and shopping.  It was so wonderful, and I appreciated every single second of it.

5-9-14 - Along with Lisa and Gordon, we attended a dress parade at the Marine Barrack in Washington, DC with other friends from Bogota.  It was a really impressive event that featured the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team and the Marine Band.  I love that there are so many surprises still out there in a city that we've lived in before.



5-10-14 - Tonight we hosted a small gathering of Bogota friends so everybody could see Lisa and Gordon.  Loved, loved, loved the reminiscing and all the laughing.

5-11-14 - From breakfast in bed of my favorite breakfast ever - waffles and bacon - to a delicious dinner of crabcakes with church and family baseball in between, I had a most wonderful Mother's Day.



No comments: