Wednesday, May 21, 2014

NYR 5-19-14

Jimmy flew down to South Carolina so he could speak at our high school's academic awards banquet.  Not to sound bitter or anything, but I graduated with higher grades than he did in high school (even though he says he graduated ahead of me) but have given up my career and any greatness that might have come from my work to support his.  Nobody asks me to come and speak at the banquet.

So I pouted and decided that Mac and I would have a fun evening with Dad gone.  When Mac got home from school, we went to the movies to see Million Dollar Arm.  It's a little slow in parts, or maybe I was tired in parts, but it's such a great (true) story, especially if you like baseball.

Since we were being decadent, we then ordered pizza before we left the theater, picked it up en route home and devoured it once we got back.

For a great evening that felt like we were playing hooky from real life, I am truly thankful.

No comments: