Tuesday, May 27, 2014

NYR 5-23-14

Today I went back to the bike shop to pick up our bikes.  Despite my rear view looking like this:
I made it home without incident and the trunk didn't fall off the back of my little car with all that extra weight.

It wasn't enough that we have the bikes.  The boys wanted to go on a ride this evening.  A bike ride for me means the equivalent of a stroll through the neighborhood to look at houses and yards.  It means something different to Jimmy and Mac.  

Jimmy estimates that we rode those bikes for 13-15 miles.

MILES.

I thought we might go 13-15 blocks, not miles.

I was utterly exhausted, my legs hurt, my backside was in pain from that little seat, and only in hindsight can I tell you that I was able to get out of the bed the next day.  

For breaking in the new (used) bike, I am thankful. 

No comments: