Wednesday, May 21, 2014

NYR 5-21-14

Today I had writing class.  There are only 5 students in the class, and I am the youngest.  I have been trying to determine the ages of the other people based on conversations and their essays.  I figured out last week that one lady must be in her 80s.  Today I figured out that one of the men is at least mid-70s because he went to his 50th high school class reunion in 2006.  The teacher also mentioned attending his 50th class reunion, and another guy is retiring from his college professor job this year.  There is one other woman in the class who has a junior in high school as well as a younger child, so she must be at least mid-40s.  

Anyway, if you take out the two youngsters in the class, you're left with 60-80 year-olds who have come out to take an Adult Ed writing class.  I think that's so cool.  

I want to be like that when I'm 85, still searching out things to do to occupy my brain and time.

For inspiration in my Adult Ed class, I'm so thankful.

No comments: