Tuesday, February 4, 2014

NYR - wayyyyy behind

I'm really far behind on blogging my attitude of gratitude, but I have been very thankful for so many things over the last week:

1.  I had the horrible sinus/cold crud and had a bad couple days late last week. I'm very thankful I came out on the other side because it felt a little touch and go there for awhile. 

2.  I tried to make potstickers, aka pork dumplings, for the first time and they were delicious. Honestly I might could open a potsticker food truck.  Except that people might get tired of eating only dumplings all the time.

3.  We got to catch up with a friend from our first tour in Guadalajara over the weekend.  I love reunions. 

4.  We found a copycat recipe online for our most favorite wings in the world which are served at Home Team BBQ in Charleston and made them for the Super Bowl. Holy moly they were so good.  They required brining, smoking and frying so it was a labor of love, but they were worth every bit of the work. I shall add those wings to the potsticker menu at the food truck.  I think if Peyton Manning had eaten some before the game started, the outcome would have been entirely different. He would have been that inspired. 

5.  The temperatures got into the 50s this weekend which was heavenly. We only got a short, non-sticking snowfall for about an hour yesterday which made me so happy.  Tonight they're calling for freezing rain but I'm not entirely convinced it's coming and if it doesn't, that will be more than okay.  I am feeling positive that this interminable winter really will end at some point. 

6.  I stopped in at our neighborhood locally-owned coffee shop the other day.  As I pulled into the metered parking spot, this man came up to me and gave me his meter receipt to use as he'd paid for longer than he needed.  I'm so thankful for random acts of kindness. 

I hope you're warm  and well in your corner of the world!


No comments: