Wednesday, February 12, 2014

NYR 2-12-14

Today I got a haircut and I feel like a new woman.  Moving to a new city always presents new challenges, not the least of which is finding a hairdresser.  You can only go so long without getting a haircut before you look grungy.

So I Yelped salons and found one that sang my name out for a number of reasons:

1.  It's an Aveda salon and I {{{{ heart }}}} Aveda products (even though they no longer make the beloved tinted lip balm that I used for years).

2.  It's a no-tip salon, so you don't have to figure out how much to tip the shampoo person and the stylist and the person who brings you tea when you get there.

3.  They offer complimentary head and back massages, hand massages, mini-facials, and make-up touch-ups with every cut.  Plus there's no extra charge for a blowdry.  Oh, and they offer you coffee, tea or yummy infused water when you get there.  Oh, and they have complimentary bang trims in between appointments.  WHAT???

What's not to love about all these things?????

I chose my stylist based on the recommendations I read in Yelp and she was great.  She really listened to what I wanted, made sure that I was sure of what I really wanted, and then worked her magic.

Now I look like the girl from The Hunger Games who just got a pixie haircut in real life.

No, I'm just kidding.  Although I almost got that, I decided I'd be heartbroken to lose the long-ish hair I worked so hard to grow without trying something slightly different first. So it's slightly different but different enough to make me feel great.  I hope it looks half as good after the first washing as it does after leaving the salon.

For good haircuts and great service, I'm very thankful.



No comments: