Thursday, June 20, 2013

Proud Mom Posting!

WARNING!  WARNING!  WARNING! 
If you do not like or appreciate posts by bragging mothers, stop reading now.  




Are you still reading?  







Great.  Because I want to tell you about my boy Mac.  

Mac's a really good kid, even though I think we're entering a hormonal period where he's surly sometimes and doesn't want to be around Jimmy or me.  In general, he's smart, witty, athletic, sensitive, compassionate, and sympathetic.  People tell us he's a leader and a good influence among his peers.  I pray every single day that we can say all these same things in another ten years.

This week was a good week to be Mac's mom.  On Monday he had his taekwondo belt changing ceremony where he went from a yellow belt to a yellow/green belt. Jimmy attended and got to see him break a board in two with his bare foot.  For that video, click here.  
warming up before the ceremony

getting the yellow/green belt tied by the Gyosa
Yesterday I went to the end-of-the-year flag raising at school to see Mac get the International Baccalaureate Learner Profile award for his class.  He also got this award last year (see the two round pins on his sweater??), and this, to me, is the best award he could ever get.  For what this means, click here.

IB Learner's Profile Award

Today, Jimmy and I went to the school's awards ceremony where he was presented with an academic award for being in the top 10% of all students in his year.  I don't know if they call the names out in any order, but he was called second (after the girl who definitely got the head of class award) so in my mind he's the 4th grade salutatorian.
Academic Achievement Awards
And then to top off this already amazing week, I just dropped him off at a friend's for a play date and the parents, whom we don't know well, said that Mac was a really good boy.  Their child had been bullied a couple months ago by some bigger kids at school and Mac stood up for him and called the bullies off.  WHAT?


I.LOVE.THIS.KID.  

If God chose to make me a mother of just one child, it was because he knew I was getting the most perfect one in the world.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Mac IS a good kid! I'll never forget how he went and found Liam when he was crying under one of the desks during his first week at CGB. I don't really remember WHY he was crying, but I do remember it was Mac that went to look for him.

The Stone Rabbit said...

What a wonderful boy, but it is easy to see that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If you have great parents, how can you be anything but a great kid.