Wednesday, June 5, 2013

it's 5:02am

... and I've been awake since 4:07am.  Why, especially when I don't have to work today, am I up so early?

Well I forgot to clean out my "deleted folder" and "sent folder" in work email inbox yesterday (despite repeated notes on my Blackberry the day before that I was over my limit).  Last night, I must have really gone over the final limit and now I can't send emails from my Blackberry.

Why does this matter when I'm working only part-time and have a replacement?

It's not so much my job that I'm worried about.  My replacement hasn't been issued his contract warrant yet and so he can't actually sign anything but the folks in my office will call me if there's anything critical to deal with.

The problem is that I'm covering for another contracting officer until Thursday morning and she receives a ton of approval requests by email, which I need to answer by email even though I'm not in the office.

So this woke me up at 4:07am and after I worked through the options of how to fix the problem, the only solution I see is to go to the embassy early this morning and clean out my inbox quickly in order to fight traffic to get back home for the pre-pack survey with the moving company at 8:30am.

Also at 4:07am I decided that Blackberries and other smartphones are the root of all evil in the world. Do we have to be connected 24 hours a day?

I.Cannot.Wait.To.Turn.Over.My.BB.

Love,
Grumpy      

No comments: