Monday, August 22, 2011

NYR - skipping ahead to catch up

I know you, reader, don't necessarily feel the same angst as I do over not keeping up with my New Year's Resolution daily postings, but it's weighing heavily on me. Last year's NYR - running a half-marathon - was never going to happen and I pretty much knew that as I was dreaming it up, but this year's NYR was - and still is - very doable. But right now, I just need to start with the last couple days and add in those missing few weeks over the next few days. Otherwise, I'm never going to write anything down because my neglect is weighing me down so heavily. Sorry for the jumping around!

In other news, yesterday Jimmy, Mac and I were going to ride our bikes and were stopped at the corner by our apartment, waiting for the light to change. As we stood there, an SUV, a police motorcycle (with his lights on), and another car following the motorcycle pulled up. We thought somebody was getting pulled which doesn't happen all that much around these parts so we settled in to watch the action. Well faster than we knew what was happening, the policeman jumped off his bike, a guy jumped out of the follow car and they all rushed to the back door of that lead SUV. Two people jumped out and the guy we then identified as a bodyguard (from the follow car) hustled those two people into that building faster than you can imagine.

WHO WERE THOSE PEOPLE? If I knew they lived there and weren't just visiting, I'd stake out a spot across the street to maintain my lookout post until I figured out who these VIPs are (or until I was arrested for stalking).

No comments: