Monday, August 22, 2011

NYR 8-19-11 - Delta Airlines

As you may remember, I have had a hate/hate relationship with Delta Airlines. The dregs of society used to work for Delta in the Charleston airport and therefore my trips always (ALWAYS!) started off on the wrong foot because of some surly woman who for instance, made me give up 3 pounds of black-eyed peas when we were going back to Mozambique after Mac's birth. We were hauling 300 pounds of luggage back and 3 pounds really made a difference? Really? Didn't she know I was hormonal and suffering from mastitis and was taking my precious 5 week-old back to the heart of Africa and I NEEDED THOSE PEAS FOR MY TRADITIONAL NEW YEAR'S LUNCH THE DAY AFTER WE LANDED??????

But I digress.

I am very happy to report that there have been some changes at the Delta counter in Charleston and the new employees at least have to know how to work their smile muscles. I knew that one of our suitcases was over 50 pounds but I decided I'd make adjustments at the airport. The lady was very nice and didn't even make me get down to exactly 50. Can you believe it?

We had a great flights from Charleston to Atlanta and Atlanta to Bogota. We even had individual entertainment centers on the flight out of Atlanta! I got to watch two whole, uninterrupted movies of my choice while Mac watched his movies.

For a greatly improved Delta experience, I am truly thankful.

No comments: