Thursday, March 17, 2011

NYR 3-16-11 - belated anniversary dinner

Last night Jimmy and I finally had our 13th anniversary dinner out. We were 9 days late, which made it taste that much better.

We went to Harry Sasson's restaurant, which is where we intended to go last week so I could get my steak. Harry Sasson is a youngish, well-known restauranteur here in Bogota and I've been wanting to eat at his restaurant for ages.

We started with this divine warm bread that was accompanied by a beautiful mozzarella ball drizzled in olive oil. Any restaurant that serves me a mozzarella ball and doesn't charge for it is a winner in my book! Then we moved on to the most marvelous calamari with a great spicy dipping sauce. They don't do too much spicy food here, so it's always a treat to get a little heat. Then I ordered beef tenderloin and Jimmy ordered a ribeye for our main courses. Sides were ordered separately and the waiter told us they were big portions but we still ordered two: hash brown potatoes and broccoli al gruyere. The potatoes were like a potato cake - yummy and great flavor but we didn't even eat half of it. And the broccoli was about two heads' worth of broccoli! Needless to say, we didn't eat everything! Jimmy's got to work late tonight so he's taken the leftovers for both his lunch and supper at his desk.

For an amazing dinner with my amazing groom, I am truly thankful.

No comments: