Monday, May 3, 2010

wait a minute, Mr. Postman

Today I saw a postal truck pull out really fast in front of a rapidly approaching tractor-trailer. I guess all the windows were open - it was hot outside - because the next thing I saw was a letter flying out of the postal truck! I drove past it as it fluttered to the ground, and it looked like just a mass mailout postcard, but what if it had been something really crucial and important to somebody?

What if it were a love letter that could change somebody's life?

Or Publishers Clearinghouse notifying somebody that they'd just won a bazillion dollars.

Or a longlost relative contacting somebody to get back in touch after a long time.

Or even just a reminder for a dental appointment.

Now it's getting ready to be run over out in the middle of Central Avenue during rush hour traffic. That's kind of sad to me.

No comments: