Thursday, May 27, 2010

a Zaxby's run

Today I was kicked out of my rental house so the real estate agent could participate in a "progressive lunch" open house for other real estate agents to see the house. Don't even get me started on the complete annoyance of living in a rental house that's up for sale. That is best left for another post.

I ran some errands to buy some stuff we need for our Italy trip. Did I mention we're going to Italy shortly? That's also best left for another post.

I had to be out of the house between 11am and 1pm so I stopped by Zaxby's for their new Roadhouse Salad, which I can't recommend enough.

I got in line behind an older woman who was ordering for herself and her ancient mother who was waiting in the booth. Her mother wanted wings, but apparently "cannot eat even the teeniest, tiniest bit of spicy, so I need to know what is the very mildest sauce you have."

The cash register lady said "well we have "mild" which I'd say is our mildest."

That seemed entirely logical to me.

The woman didn't think so. "Are you sure there's no spice at all in that? Because I think she had that once and it might have been too spicy for her."

The very patient cash register lady then suggested that maybe her mother would like teriyaki or honey sesame on the wings as they really weren't spicy at all and had an entirely different flavor to normal "spicy" wings.

The woman decided that honey sesame wings would be a good choice.

Oh, and her mother also wanted an order of the spicy fried mushrooms.

To the cash register lady's credit, she did not point out the incongruity in the order. Or laugh. Which gave me great respect for her.

No comments: