Wednesday, May 5, 2010

it might be love...

I have been having a not-so-great week. One of those weeks where nothing's really wrong, but just where nothing's really right either.

I decided in the throes of feeling funkarific that I needed to buy myself something that I have wanted for at least 9 years, if not more. I distinctly remember 9 years because we had a lot of discussions with the Watsons and Kennedys about this particular item when we lived in Maputo. They understood my deep, desperate desire for the item, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to part with the money.

Until today.

The retail therapy worked.

The funk has been lifted, let me tell you.

Today, at Bed Bath & Beyond, I purchased this beautiful, gorgeous, sleek, heavy, sturdy piece of kitchen equipment:

I am in love with this new member of the family.

(Oh, and Jimmy, you don't need to buy me anything for Mother's Day. I took care of that today. Thanks. I love it!)

(For the record, Jimmy has told me to buy this for the last 9 years because he's heard about my desperate longing for at least that long.)

After running a lot of errands, I finally got home in time to quickly unpack her and ooh and aah over her gorgeousness before I had to go pick up Mac. She is something else and she makes me want to mix up something right now.

Pink is just about my least favorite color in the whole world, but KitchenAid donates $50 from each purchase of a Cook for the Cure mixer to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Breast cancer research is near and dear to my heart as my mom and aunt have both conquered that dreadful disease. So while I wanted red, which is my most favorite color in the whole world, I justified a charitable contribution with the purchase of Pinky.

Yes, her name is Pinky, as in Pinky Tuscadero from Happy Days. Both Pinkys are tough girls, meant to work hard and play hard. And Pinky Tuscadero loved the Fonz so how can you go wrong with carrying on her name???

This is going to be a long, drawn-out love affair (or at least longer than my last stand mixer, who never had a name and died an unceremonious death.) I expect great things from Pinky and she will be put to use starting this weekend. Until then, I'm going to keep dusting her so she stays all shiny pink!

No comments: