Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day around these parts


My Mother's Day started last Thursday when I got a lovely bouquet of flowers from the man that made me a mother. I love, love, love gerbera daisies and I love, love, love getting flowers from the UPS man, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being remembered by my man. Gerbera daisies and Pinky

Then on Friday I went to Muffins for Mom with the 1st graders at Pinewood. It was a lovely fiesta, complete with a beautiful, tear-inducing song and followed by being served muffins, fruit and orange juice by our beautiful children.

At Muffins for Mom, Mac gave me the most beautiful handmade book all about moi and a pottery medallion necklace that he made in art class. He was so proud of everything and that made it all the more special.

On Sunday, I hosted a Mother's Day lunch at my mom's house. They say it takes a village and I had the great pleasure of cooking for the village that made me the wife and mother that I am today. It was an unusual opportunity and I loved all the prep work, all the grocery shopping, all the cooking, the planning, and the sharing. It was a labor of love and I wish I could cook for this village all the time.

At the lunch, Mac presented me with a plaque that Jimmy had made for me. It turns out that I did win the MOTY, at least from the person whose vote counts the most. I cannot believe that he went to the trouble of finding a trophy shop and having this thing made. Am I lucky girl or what? The MOTY taking a photo of the MOTY

So from the MOTY in our house to the MOTY in your house, Happy Mother's Day. I hope your celebration rocked as much as mine did.

No comments: