Monday, May 25, 2009

the sticky note method prevails

I am a convert of the sticky note method. I will never do another move without a large pack of dual-colored sticky notes. This packout has been a breeze. A number of things helped, including the fact that Fink (the moving company) sent a lot more people than other companies have sent before and these movers stayed motivated all day long; I was super-organized and knew what was going where (remember I'd already had to make all those hard decisions to get the right sticky note on everything); and I decided that I couldn't let it bother me when the movers decided early on that I'm a neurotic American. Big whoop.

The packout was scheduled to take 3 full days, but I'm really thinking they can finish the packing in the morning, do their inventory in the afternoon (which by the way, I was so organized today that as they packed boxes, I was able to do my own box inventory in English with my own box numbers with different colors to denote storage and SC!) and get the boxes on the truck by lunchtime Wednesday at the very outside. Smooth sailing ahead, I tell you!

No comments: