Thursday, May 14, 2009

pneumonia has left the house

I was a sucker mom today and let Mac stay home from school even though he really was well enough to go back. His teacher assured me they were doing review work now and she sent some work home to do, so he's not missing that much. I mean, it's not like they master rocket science or learn Latin roots in the last 3 weeks of kindergarten, right?

Whether the improvement in Mac is from today's rest or just because it was past time to get better, I have no idea, but he is soooo much better. At our daily visit with Marita, she declared that he's 90% better than he was on Monday when she first saw him.

So we are off to Porto de Galinhas tomorrow morning and I cannot wait. I have packed enough medicine to keep him well should we get stranded there for any length of time, and I've packed enough Tylenol PM for me for the 3 nights we'll be gone. If for some reason we're stranded, I hope I know with some advance notice so I can ration my Tylenol PMs!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Glad Mac is feeling better! Have a wonderful and relaxing trip!