Tuesday, May 12, 2009

day three of pneumonia

Listen for my rendition of The Hallelujah Chorus tomorrow morning at 7:40 my time: Mac returns to school!

We visited the consulate nurse this morning and she said he's improving sufficiently to return to school. This news did not come a moment too soon. Yesterday he truly acted sick and pathetic and lethargic, and you couldn't help but feel sorry for him. This afternoon, however, we had a full-blown hissy fit because I wouldn't allow him to ride his scooter at the park. Can you imagine the injustice? I tried to explain that we couldn't have a relapse this close to our trip this weekend, but he was convinced I was just trying to ruin his life forever. I compromised and told him I'd let him ride the scooter in our parking places in the parking garage (he'd be out of the elements that way and we didn't have a long uphill trek back from the park). He informed me there were signs that said you couldn't ride a bike in the garage and that we'd get in trouble. Who did he inherit this total respect for and fear of authority from? Oh yeah, me. We did go downstairs, and I didn't see the aforementioned sign, but he refused to ride the scooter.

He's in bed now - in his own bed after sleeping in mine for the last two nights so I could monitor his breathing - so life is returning to normal. Hallelujah!

No comments: