Saturday, May 16, 2009

on a hammock in Porto de Galinhas

We arrived in PdeG yesterday and I confirmed that this is my favorite beach in all of Brazil. It was so spectacular yesterday. Mac and I threw on our swimsuits and headed straight to the beach where we played for a couple hours before heading to one of the hotel's pools (which was right on the beach, so it was almost like being on the beach without the sand).

We went to the village of PdeG last night for dinner and I could not get my bearings in the dark. But I think it's much more developed than 2.5 years ago. There seemed to be more streets and more shops - I couldn't figure out where we were. We ate at a beachfront Italian restaurant where the ambience was much nicer than the food.

This morning Mac and I were supposed to go on a 4-hour beach buggy ride that would take us way down the beach and allow us to enjoy the different beaches, including one where we can swim with seahorses. Very cool, right? Except that when we went down to breakfast, it was very dark and by the time we came back from breakfast, brushed our teeth, and put on sunscreen, it was pouring. I hate putting on sunscreen for nothing. We've postponed the buggy ride until tomorrow morning.

I'm typing this from the hammock on our balcony and it's lightening up now and the rain has stopped. The buggy man told me we had to pray for wind from the SE and not the NW. I keep looking at the palm fronds, but my directional abilities are challenged from the hammock. Any way you cut it, laying on a hammock listening to waves break is better than any day in a highrise Sao Paulo apartment, even in the rain!

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm sitting here in my den in Pinopolis listening to the water on the side of the house as Edward pressure washes. Not NEARLY as relaxing as what you're experiencing.