Friday, February 13, 2009

treatment research

Last night I decided I need to do the research on this procedure that I probably should have done before I had the procedure. I found one website where people could write reviews and it turns out 49% were happy with the procedure and 51% were unhappy. Oops!

But it turns out the people who were happy had similar situations as me. They had fair skin with sun damage, freckles and dark spots - same as me - and the procedure removed all of that.

So I am still hopeful that this thing will work. Because I didn't really understand how the color was actually going to leave my face, my research was helpful. The pigment is being drawn to the surface and within 4-14 days of the procedure, it will all peel away in some fashion. A little weird, but that's what the website said should happen. So I wait.

I am also a little distraught that most people have used this as a beauty treatment. Some people sign up for multiple sessions at a time and go every few months for "rejuvenation treatment." I really just wanted to have that pigment spot removed and now I've joined those people that have had "work" done. I'm disgusted with myself because I said I'd never have "work" done. This is what too many years in Brazil does to you.

But if this "work" works, I may be a little happier and might can live with myself....

No comments: