Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pippi Longstocking in the house

Update on "The Stain"

The redness totally disappeared within a couple hours of the procedure yesterday, but it's almost like I became whiter at the same time, which makes the freckles all the more pronounced. When Jimmy got home, he said I looked like Pippi Longstocking without the braids.

An interesting thing happened yesterday afternoon that I hope didn't mess up the whole process. My face was really gunky from the leftover gel and the sunscreen they put on before I left the doctor's office. After a few hours, it was driving me crazy, so I decided to blot it with tissue. When I looked at the tissue after blotting, the tissue was brown-ish. Now perhaps the gel (which had mostly been cleaned off after the procedure) was brown, but I know the sunscreen was white, so was this pigment literally being wiped off my face???

After another little bit, I did my every 20-minute mirror check to see if there was any difference and I noticed "the stain" had a little glisten to it. So I just used my finger to try to wipe it off AND THE BROWN SMUDGED ON MY FACE AND ACTUALLY LEFT A LITTLE SPLIT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAIN! Kind of like a "Moses parting the Red Sea" thing. So now I'm worried that I screwed up the chemical or whatever sort of process was happening and that it won't go away right and now I'll be left with two different spots. The trials and tribulations of vanity continue.

Today it's raining in Sao Paulo but that didn't stop me from applying the SPF 65 sunscreen the dermatologist told me I had to use right now. I have decided if I'm ever asked to be in the Miss America contest, my platform is going to be sunscreen use for all. Maybe they have a Miss America for middle-aged, sun-damaged housewives??

No comments: