Tuesday, October 28, 2014

10-25-14 to 10-26-14

I flew down to South Carolina for a quick overnight trip to attend Camp Meeting. 

If you've never been to a Camp Meeting, it's very hard to describe. The one my family attends started 220 years ago as a Methodist revival in the days of the circuit-riding preachers. Then and now families gather in rustic cabins with pine straw on the floor and no electricity or plumbing. There are still church services three times daily during this one week of the year but it's also a wonderful celebration of family, friends and good food. 

It's one of my favorite events of the year and the one I miss the most when we're overseas because there is simply no way to duplicate or even attempt to imitate Camp Meeting. 

I'm so thankful - so incredibly thankful - to have had these 2 days there. 




No comments: