Sunday, October 12, 2014

10-12-14

Today I would like to tell you about two things that will change your life. But only if you live near a Costco and a Trader Joe's. If you don't have those stores near you, then sorry, your life will not be changed.  But if you're living without Costco and Trader Joe's, then you probably want to move anyway. You know, for greater fulfillment in life in general.  I'm thinking of your quality of life. 

Seriously. 

The first life-changing item is this:
Remember last Christmas when I made those pretzels with a caramel square melted on them with chocolate drizzled on top?  

Well these are 100% better. No, 1000% better. 

Seriously. 

Jimmy and I picked these up on our trip to Costco yesterday because we were shopping hungry. Boy, are they yummy. We agree that the name is stupid and we would've chosen something different, but whatever. They're the most delicious combination of thin pretzels, dark chocolate, caramel and sea salt. Heaven right there in a decadent treat. 

We found these babies on the row that seems to have all the packaged cookies and candies for Christmas, so I really hope this is not a seasonal item. That would be bad, bad news. 

The second product, which I don't have a photo of and which is actually two separate products, is/are the bags of ready-made pizza dough and tubs of pizza sauce sold in the refrigerated section at Trader Joe's. 

We ate at our friends' house the other day and they served what looked and tasted like homemade-from-scratch pizza. They shared their secret: TJ's pizza dough. 

How have I wasted an entire year living a 10-minute walk from Trader Joe's, never having seen those little bags of dough for $1.25?  I'm so mad at myself. 

We "made" pizzas for supper last night. By "made", I mean I took the bags of dough out of the fridge for 20 minutes, sprayed some Pam on the baking sheets, spread the dough out, spread all the pizzas with TJ's delicious and thick pizza sauce (1 tub of sauce easily covers 1.5 pizzas and that's using a lot of sauce), and topped each of the pizzas. One was cheese only, one was pepperoni, and one was salami, caramelized onions and red peppers. Yes, I know 3 pizzas for 3 people is too much. We have 1.5 pizzas to eat later. 

Run, don't walk, to your nearest Costco and Trader Joe's. 

You're welcome. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yep, we are pizza made with TJs dough all last year!

Next time I'm in the States I'm looking for those caramels. Also, you must find the blueberry/quinoa "snacking chocolate" at Costco!

Jessica