Tuesday, April 8, 2014

NYR 4-6-14

Mac and I attended the Arlington Little League Opening Day ceremony today.  There are over 1200 kids participating in Arlington Little League.  I just checked the population of Moncks Corner, SC, and as of 2012, there were 8,662 residents.  Arlington Little League is the equivalent of nearly 15% of our town playing baseball.  I find that amazing.

Mac's team is coached by a parent coach and two young men in their 20s who played college ball and who just want to be involved in developing young players.  I find that amazing.  How many 25 year-olds are willing to give up 3 nights of their week to coach little league baseball when they don't even have kids who play the sport?  And don't even have kids period?

For a county that promotes sports and physical well-being and for people who are willing to donate their time and energy to cultivate youth talent, I am very thankful.


No comments: