Saturday, April 26, 2014

NYR 4-22-14

Since I was too tired to cook a proper Easter dinner for my family and I was consumed by both guilt over not properly feeding my family on a major holiday and a personal desire for ham and red rice, we had a proper (Southern) Easter dinner tonight.  We like to continue the Easter celebrations past the holiday like that.

It was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself.  Actually it was only yummy if you like ham and red rice and macaroni and cheese and southern foods like we do.  I even made deviled eggs which Jimmy loves but which are not my favorite.  But for him, I made them.  And they were good.

For a delicious meal of true comfort foods, I am thankful.



And for dessert, angel food cake with strawberries and yummy homemade whipped cream

No comments: