Tuesday, October 19, 2010

no fancy pants for me again...

Next Friday night, Jimmy and I were supposed to attend this gala dinner dance event hosted by the Diplomatic Wives Club (or some such title). I ordered my long dress from Nordstrom after the last dress fiasco and I was all set to go.

Until yesterday's newspaper came out.

The event has apparently been cancelled due to some alleged but not-specified threats made by the FARC.

WHAT?

I'm reading the book right now written by those three American contractors who were taken hostage by the FARC for some 6 years and I can tell you without reservation or hesitation or doubt that I don't want to go anywhere that could result in my being taken hostage by the FARC.

Jimmy thinks maybe they just didn't sell enough tickets or something like that so they're blaming the FARC because it's an easy cancel.

Regardless, the black dress will be staying in the plastic bag in the closet a little while longer.

No comments: