Friday, October 8, 2010

just so you know...

I don't want you to be worried sick about me, so I made it home safe and sound today. Mac and I had a very nice taxi driver this morning who agreed to call me in a reservation when we got to the sports club and he knew exactly where we were to tell the dispatcher. Mac's school van pulled in right behind us so I asked the driver if he had room for one extra passenger (me) on the way home. He said he did (and it turned out he had more than enough room because a lot of the kids had gone home with their parents or friends). I told the wonderful taxi driver not to worry, that I was going to ride home in the school van. He gave me his cell phone number and said to call him if I got in any sort of bind, that he would come get me. He got a nice fine tip for his courtesies.

Dia de la Raza was a lot of fun and eventually I'll post some photos and video. The Cha Cha Slide was a total hit and Mac had a ball (which you'll see in the video at some point). The food that I did eat was great - I had these two tostadas from the Mexican tent that were outstanding. And I also had two yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies from the USA tent because you have to support the home team, right?

And in other news of the day, Jimmy got promoted. Hurray! This means, in part, that our year apart wasn't as huge a sacrifice as it could have been. We're looking forward to celebrating this weekend with our best Brazilian friends Gisele and Flavio who hopefully will show up our doorstep at any moment. Their flight was supposed to land nearly 2.5 hours ago but they've yet to show!

I think it's going to be an exceptional weekend!

No comments: