Friday, June 4, 2010

packing panic

The packing is almost done. I have some clothes for Jimmy, practically every stitch of clothing that Mac owns, and a conservative amount of clothing for me for the next two weeks. All packed into 2 suitcases with room (and weight!) to spare for things we might pick up along the way. I even remembered a box of zip-loc bags to safeguard the olive oils or cheeses or whatever else I might find.

And them I happened to look at the weather forecast last night for Rome, Venice, Athens, Izmir and Dubrovnik. Rome is the only one I'm really concerned about because really, how accurate is any weather forecaster that far out?

Guess what the night temperatures are in Rome right now?

Upper 50s and lower 60s.

I have not packed for such brisk weather.

I am trying to swallow the panic that normally would push me to throw in some heavier clothes.

After all, I'm sure Versace makes something in my size.

No comments: