Friday, June 4, 2010

let the Delta games begin

I know I said in January that I wouldn't fly Delta again if it were humanly possible. But for a number of reasons, it's not humanly possible and we are scheduled to fly on Delta tomorrow.

I know I've packed much lighter than the Christmas trip, namely because I'm not toting along a bunch of Christmas presents, but I also bought a handy suitcase weighing tool and I really know I've packed much lighter. So we should avoid the ugly confrontation in the Charleston airport immediately upon arrival.

I already knew from when we booked the tickets a couple months ago that there were supposedly no two seats left together. So I chose two seats as close as possible and figured I'd deal with it at the airport.

I just did our online check-in and again there are no two open seats together. In fact, on the Atlanta-Rome leg, there are supposedly no open seats left on the entire plane. In an effort to avoid another worrying thought that would keep me up all night (last night's worrying thought was whether I'd packed socks to slip on during the flight, so no worry is too small!), I called Delta just now hoping that I'd get some sympathetic person who'd move somebody around so we could sit together.

But alas, I got a woman who didn't really care and said I'd have to deal with it in Atlanta tomorrow before boarding.

The worst case scenario as I see it is that if they don't move us together, I'll just jack Mac up on Coca Cola before boarding. How fast do you think somebody would trade seats with me then?

No comments: