Friday, June 25, 2010

I hate to even admit this...

But the Walton family saved the day again. Mac and I went to the water park today to enjoy the refreshing, brisk 102 degree temps which made the water a petri dish as best I could tell. I put my wallet in the bag I took into the water park.

We got home, showered, and then rushed out to the grocery store to buy dinner fixings for my high school friend Dara who's coming over to break bread tonight. Naturally I forgot to put the wallet back in my handbag and naturally I didn't discover this until I'd put my groceries on the conveyor belt thing at Publix.

I had my checkbook and I begged the cashier to take my Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance card as proof of identity. He said I'd need to take it up with the supervisor. Well this supervisor looked like he was about 17, but I begged and pleaded and showed him the insurance card (with Jimmy's name on it, of course, and not mine, but Jimmy's name is on the check as well so unless I was an estranged spouse, it would be okay, right?). He then asked if I had any other picture ID. I carry this little pouch with all those miscellaneous cards you always need, but I was pretty positive that none of them had a photo and I was 100% sure the insurance card was the only one that actually had a name on it. But I found my Sam's Card and wouldn't you know that on the back of it is a very grainy picture of me with my name. And for no apparent reason I was able to remember my drivers license number off the top of my head and that combination was apparently all the proof I needed. Hallelujah!

No comments: