Thursday, November 12, 2009

combining our science lesson with Tom Story, our turkey

Yesterday morning at breakfast, Mac and I were discussing the turkey project. I don't know if you can see the little chart in the belly of the turkey, but "STORY" is in the middle and the parts on the outside say "Jimmy", "Susan", "Mac", and ""Tom"" (in quotes).

Well Mac was miffed that his name was at the bottom of the circle. I told him I started at the top, and put the names in as we all came to be Storys. So Jimmy was naturally first, I was second, he was third (and at the bottom of the circle), and then we added "Tom" because Tom was like a child for purposes of this exercise, another member of the family.

Mac grinned and said "but, like, Tom didn't come out of you". The science lessons go on....

1 comment:

Familie Lewis said...

Hey Susan,
Good luck with your lesson! I told Tommy that if I have to have the "birds and bees" talk on three seperate occasions for our girls, he gets to handle Cy. Somehow I think he gets the best end of that bargain.
Hope all is well with you and Mac. We keep Jimmy in our prayers.
Traci